Monday 17 March 2014

Editing - Natalie Sergeant

Today I came in and did some of the editing of the opening. I started off with editing the ending sound of our sequence as from how we cut it the characters crying would cut and wouldn't flow so I re-opened the clip and found a section with no talking to use. After this I went through and did some small final cuts to some of the shots to keep a flow.

After that as I looked for music for us to use due to the song of "Remember Me" wanted us to pay for the track so I searched for other option in which we could use. These are the three songs that I found on Incompetech that I though we could use, I will show the others and we can discussed if we want to use any and if we do which one.


After finding the song I then went through the video again and decided to add a fade to black when our character backs away from the bridge as I felt that the shot of her being under the bridge to her suddenly walking away didn't look right and didn't flow properly. After the adding of the fade to black this problem was rectified.


I then finalized by stating to do some edits to the shots such as decreasing the color balance of when we have the sun setting and having a strong red and also made the lighting go down so that it wasn't so bright. I kept a record of all the edits I made so that changes can easily be made :

No comments:

Post a Comment